Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thing in a Bottle (update)

A few months ago I posted about my first Thing in a Bottle project. I was unhappy with the way it came out and planned to disassemble it and start over, however, I decided to add it to the Rogue Cthulhu prize table and see what happened to it. If it went, it would save me from having ot redo it. If not, i would eventually tear it apart and try again, someday.

Before offering it up as a prize, I slapped a Miscatonic University label on it to make it look like a finished piece. i downloaded the label form one of my favorite sites, Propnomicon.



The label was stained with walnut ink, filled out with sepia ink and a quill pen, aged with sand paper, and adhered with white glue.

As it turns out, it did not go to a player as a prize, but it caught the fancy of one of my Game Masters, who put in well over 36 hours of work at the show, both as a GM and with set up and tear down. I gave it to her as a thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment